Who we are?
The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF) is an organization headquartered in Zimbabwe and founded in 2013. Our Mission is to capacitate, collaborate with, support and mentor marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-development initiatives. We facilitate research and training in innovative initiatives that provide for and promote sustainable food, nutrition, and income security to improve the conditions necessary for every member of society to reach their full potential.
Inspired by the life experience of our founder Chido Govera who was an orphan and experienced many hardships including hunger and abuse but was able to turn her hardship into an empowering story. The ultimate goal of the Foundation is to end poverty, abuse, self- pity and victimhood, by enabling beneficiaries to step out of victim role and become change agents.
Starting in Zimbabwe and initially, with a specific focus on women and girl orphans, the organization is packaging programs and value models that can be replicable across the African continent and beyond, building on the local biodiversity.
Our Vision is of an inclusive world where there is Hope and a Future for all, a world without poverty, abuse, self-pity, and victimhood. We want a world where everyone can thrive, engage and reach their full potential in the betterment of humanity and nature. We envision a world where everyone can be a change agent, starting where they are, with what they have and regardless of their backgrounds.
• INTEGRITY: Upholding the virtues of honesty, trust, and confidence, ethical conduct, and truthfulness.
• DIVERSITY: Acknowledging and celebrating our apparent differences as people, and the virtues of tolerance, respect, and inclusivity.
• EXCELLENCE: Embracing best practices, doing our best, exhibiting a superior degree of competence and providing services of a high quality.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Upholding the virtues of transparency, discipline, acknowledging responsibility and our duty to serve our various stakeholders.
• PROTECTION: Serving the vulnerable and the weak with the ultimate goal of and strengthening and empowering them to be independent and dignified beings.